[Vtigercrm-developers] Error to delete lists Vtiger 7.3 (06/2021)

Henry Cumbicus Rivera hcumbicusr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 01:24:30 GMT 2021

Hello,
You're right, the condition should be left with *&&* replacing* ||*, thank
you.
[image: image.png]

The other is a suggestion, I am not saying that that code shows the delete
option.
*My suggestions*:
1- Users with ADMIN privilege should be able to edit/delete any list.
2- The lists should always be private, they should not be shown by default
to the superior role. For that there is the option to share list.

El lun, 7 jun 2021 a las 19:27, Rubén A. Estrada Orozco (<rulotec1 at gmail.com>)
escribió:

> I think the condition in the first image should use && instead of ||. That
> would read as "If you are not admin AND the list is not yours" you cannot
> delete the list. I did not try it, but it seems that with that code, if you
> are not an admin you cannot delete your own lists. The only way that
> there'll be no exception is if you are admin and the list is yours.
>
> However, I don't think that the fact that a list does not show the
> "Delete" option in the UI is related to the code you show above.
>
> You could test your changes with a url like this:
> vtigerurl.com/index.php?module=CustomView&action=Delete&record=x , where
> x is the id of the list.
>

> Saludos
>
> Rubén
>

> On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 6:45 PM Henry Cumbicus Rivera <hcumbicusr at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> When I try to delete a list from a non-ADMIN user I get a permission
>> denied error, I see this is due to the condition of the file
>> \modules\CustomView\actions\Delete.php:28
>>
>> *Error*:
>> [image: image.png]
>>
>> *Corrected*:
>> [image: image.png]
>>
>> I honestly do not understand why the condition validates if it is admin
>> or NO to delete a list.
>> It would be very useful if users with ADMIN privilege could delete any
>> list from the system.
>>
>> [image: image.png]
>>

>> --

>> Henry C.