[Vtigercrm-developers] Composer

Sukhdev Mohan s.mohan at myti.it
Fri Jul 23 15:46:07 GMT 2021

Hi,

1. When creating composer.json you’re inserting all the dependencies and you can lock versions of the libraries you are importing. Also look at PSR 4 for namespaces: in the same composer.json you define the namespace for your app.
2. Yup, I’d leave it upon admin the decision to update. Vtiger can advise and don’t proceed with update with dependencies aren’t met.
3. If core depends on something that you need to import/install how can you proceed with installation/update? In other projects when you install through composer it handles dependencies and proceeds to install. May be also vtiger should create it’s composer install?
4. Composer doesn’t needs to be installed globally, if the user who downloads composer has RWX access he can launch composer and download the dependencies, which are PHP code and binary files. These may require some components that are missing in the standard php installation (ie. ioncube), so this is upon the single user.

Since we are talking about composer, what exactly do you want to do?

You mentioned npm, are you guy’s touching frontend and migrating/integrating vue or some other library?

Sukhdev Mohan
Developer