[Vtigercrm-developers] Why do we need Opportunity Name field?

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:18:18 GMT 2021

Okay, so that means in most cases it is a combined value of a few of the
fields of Opportunity/Related, not something which is actually an
Opportunity Name.

As such it always becomes a question, What should be an Opportunity Name?

The problem arises when the User wants the name to be something like
Contact Name + Mobile No., think about the security. And it would be really
hard for anyone to justify to User why and why not.