[Vtigercrm-developers] Why do we need Opportunity Name field?

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Thu Jul 1 13:10:01 GMT 2021

Hi Nilay,

Every module has entity field and Opportunity module also has, so we will
not remove this field but expected value for this field is "Customer Name"
or product name customer interested in etc

Customer can set some default value for this field, so they do not need to
enter value when creating record

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 2:20 PM nilay khatri <nilay.spartan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we really need a field to name the Opportunity? if so what should be
> the value set for it?
>
> Almost 99% of people that I have come across that use Vtiger, have asked
> this question, "What should be the value for Opportunity Name?"
>
> And usually they end up putting Customer name and Mobile no. into it, and
> not selecting the Contact in the reference field!

With
Best Regards
Uma.S
Vtiger Team