[Vtigercrm-developers] Create Reports permission denied for non-admin user?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 12:32:06 GMT 2021

On 17/01/2021 10:27, Alan Lord wrote:

> I too am confused by this. I will do some more digging to see why/where
> these values are being set.

This is weird. I have quite a lot of vtiger systems on one of my dev
servers and I checked quite a few of them and found many had permissions
= 1 for CreateView where tabid = 25 in the
vtiger_profile2standardpermissions table.

Once I clicked "edit" and then saved the profile the permissions were
set correctly. Due to this query from the Profile Record Model:

> UPDATE vtiger_profile2standardpermissions
> SET permissions = CASE
> WHEN operation = 0 THEN 1
> WHEN operation = 1 THEN 0
> WHEN operation = 2 THEN 0
> WHEN operation = 4 THEN 0
> WHEN operation = 7 THEN 0
> ELSE permissions END
> WHERE profileid = 2 AND tabid = 25

So it seems to me this might be a problem during the initial
installation process... And if you do not edit and resave the profile(s)
then it never gets updated?

Bingo:

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/blob/master/modules/Migration/schema/701_to_710.php#L348

Look at that :-)