[Vtigercrm-developers] No webservices access to Reports module?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:53:39 GMT 2021

This is really a request for an enhancement to the WS API.

I would like to be able to use the common WS methods, describe,
retrieve, query etc., on the vtiger Reports module.

But because the module is not an entity type and has no "fields" in the
vtiger sense of a field, there is no way to access Records of the Report
module using vtws (I have tried).

Basically I would like to be able to create a custom module which has a
relationship to a Report record (like a UI type 10), and then
subsequently access and use the data that is returned when a Report is
run (whilst staying within the permissions structure of the Report record).

I'm fairly sure I can do what I want by using the APIs in the the View
and Model classes of the Report module itself but this is not likely to
be accepted by the Marketplace I guess?