[Vtigercrm-developers] fullCalendar modification...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:03:52 GMT 2021

A customer of mine wants a change to the way Calendar Views work
slightly - I've been looking at this for a while but am not getting very
far. I wonder if anyone else has an idea?

In Calendar or SharedCalendar Views, when you click on an entry, you are
navigated _away_ from the calendar and taken to the Detail View page of
the Calendar entry, so you then have to navigate back again and if you
have changed week/month or whatever then that is forgotten.

If you hover and then click on the little pencil icon of the popover, it
instead calls either Calendar_Calendar_Js.editCalendarEvent() or
Calendar_SharedCalendar_Js.editCalendarTask() etc. where the event or
task is opened in a modal popup. And the user is not taken away from the
calendar.

My customer wants this action to happen by default.

I can see in Calendar_Calendar_Js where the popover markup is generated
in registerPopoverEvent() but looking through fullCalendar and the
eventRender code handling, I don't think it's going to be possible to
simply replace the href with one of the above. (There are parts of full
calendar where "event.url" is expected to be a real url, e.g.
"window.location.href")

So, I think I need to preventDefault, on each element and then replace
the href target with one of the above, but there doesn't appear to be
enough information in the DOM to determine if it is an event or a task
and the event objects have already been rendered by fullCalendar and I
do not think are available any more.

Sorry this is a bit confusing but it is much harder than it really
should be ;-)