[Vtigercrm-developers] 7.3.0 Hotfix

S T Prasad stprasad at stprasad.com
Fri Sep 25 15:41:07 GMT 2020

Hello folks,
These kinds of communications on the lists are leading to being pointless
to even read. Forget about nuts who can't even unsubscribe politely, and
claim to be in crm.

Apologies in advance to those who are not seeing my perspective, and may be
misconstruing my words.

How often have we talked of cooperation? How often have we talked of much
needed clarity in what's being planned for release than have
surprises sprung on the community?
Yes, we all appreciate the fact that some bug crept in or some issues were
fixed, whatever. The picklist of reasons drops the bottom of the screen
deep down.
I am appreciative of Uma's diligence. But some guns are being jumped. There
has to be a schedule, it has to be transparent, and the community deserves
that much knowledge, rather than bicker about whether it's a hot fix ,
coolfix, 7.3.0.1.1 !

C'mon guys, gals, time to really get this act together. Else, in 2040 we
will be the same.

As our good friend Blazej mentioned, all it takes is maybe 3 programmer
months to achieve a superlative version of the current code base, expunging
and closing all the 400 issues, merge requests and many more hidden away by
the partners proprietary fixes, not shared.

If the people on this list do really care, there must be *community driven*
change. The other way has not worked. The evidence is there on record.

The product has improved. It has scope for more improvement, It has scope
to be a giant killer. But ..

In my earlier mail, I had posed a point. And I copy the image from my
earlier mail

[image: image.png]
Time now to get into the nuts and screws.

Looking forward to getting some better code management and cooperation from
the people on this list.

Anyway,
With best regards,

S.T.Prasad (Skype: stprasad at stprasad.com)
Founder and Chief Shikari
http://www.vtigress.com
The Purr-fect mate for vTiger
Certified Solution Partner for Asia and Africa