[Vtigercrm-developers] CustomerPortal - password reset and template

Chris Landa stylesuxx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:34:38 GMT 2020

Hey Al,
I switched the PHP version to 5.6 and do not get the warning -
obviously this is not a solution.
Unfortunately this did not solve the second problem. The Ajax request on
the password reset call is returning an empty 200 response, I should have
mentioned that in the initial question.

Uma, thank you.

We currently do not like the process of Customer registration and sending
of the password via mail, we might build our own solution based on the
customer portal. Maybe I'll find the issue(s) and fix them in - if so I
will updated your issue.

Thank you,
Chris

Am Do., 24. Sept. 2020 um 16:32 Uhr schrieb Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com>:

> Hi Chris,
>
> We have reported this issue here (Ref
> <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1498>).
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 6:32 PM Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Turn off php warnings ;-)
>>
>> That may well be the cause of the second issue too. As the ajax call is
>> getting a php warning back before the data is expecting.
>>
>> Turn on the javascript console to see what the response to the request
>> contains.
>>
>> Al
>>

>> On 24/09/2020 13:54, Chris Landa wrote:
>> > I am having a couple of problems with the CustomerPortal:
>> >
>> > * After logging in with a customer, I see the following message on top
>> > of the page:
>> > Warning: Declaration of Portal_Index_View::templateFile() should be
>> > compatible with Portal_Default_View::templateFile(Portal_Request
>> > $request)
>> > in /xxx/html/vtiger/customerportal/classes/Portal/views/Index.php on
>> line 11
>> >
>> > * When invoking the password reset functionality from the
>> CustomerPortal
>> > Login page I get an JS alert with the following message: Invalid email
>> > Although the given email is the same one I was able to login previously.
>> >
>> > I am running vTiger 7.3 and PHP 7.2.27
>> >

>> > Kind regards,
>> > Chris

>> > http://www.vtiger.com/