[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger CustomerPortal API

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 02:28:59 GMT 2020

Hi Chris,

this is exactly what we initiated as an Open Source project a few months
back. But due to no major contribution / interest from the community we
planned to do it as a Closed Source project.

The basic idea was to:
- un-marry Portal from contacts module
- have ability to configure multiple portals
- have a ACL definition similar to the _users_ for Portals
- standard APIs similar to REST API for _users_ for portal users

As we achieve this, it would open up the possibility to build custom Portal
clients, allowing us to embed into custom applications, build custom portal
clients etc..

Note: we have not yet started the implementation

-Nilay