[Vtigercrm-developers] Let's make 7.4 fruitful

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Thu Sep 17 14:18:50 GMT 2020

Dear Developers,

Thanks! for all the valuable in-sights and various perceptions on improving
the Product. We really appreciate all your efforts in sharing the thoughts.

After analyzing through all the recommendations. We thought it's beneficial
to categorize them into two different buckets one for platform enhancements
and other as product enhancements.

Let us focus to improve the platform better in 7.4 release and make it more
developer friendly. So that we can all contribute better to enhance the
product going forward. Please do share your opinions on this. will also
consider a few important enhancements as part of the release :)

I will agree with all the enhancements discussed here with respect to
Workflows, Filters, Kanban views, Address module and Menu Editor which will
be tracked through code.vtiger.com and pipelined accordingly.

>>One question,  if a functionality is available in on demand version, you
will port from there or if we commit a similar functionality you will
accept commit?
Simone, I will get back on this question after discussing with my team.

>>If we are ready to develop something new, is it possible to discuss with
you before to start development and decide (maybe with community) if will
be accepted when committed?
We appreciate your thought on discussion before contribution. So that we
can all decide the efforts are worth the value. We are happy to welcome
your action plans.

Alan, Martin, Matus, Nilay, Simone, S T Prasad, Oleg Antonov Thank you! so
much on sparing time to energize the community.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 7:17 PM S T Prasad <stprasad at stprasad.com> wrote:

> +100
>
> With best regards,
>
> S.T.Prasad (Skype: stprasad at stprasad.com)
> Founder and Chief Shikari
> http://www.vtigress.com
> The Purr-fect mate for vTiger
> Certified Solution Partner for Asia and Africa
>

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 3:25 PM Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 17/09/2020 10:39, S T Prasad wrote:
>> > Hello everyone.
>> > Everyone has made excellent suggestions regarding features.
>> > I would like to suggest some database schema rationalisations as well.
>> > For example, addresses
>> > There is lane / street, code/zip and others too.
>>
>> This one has been a desire for me for so many years...
>>
>> http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8476
>>
>> We've done this for a couple of customers.
>>
>> Every module has different field names for the same thing!
>>
>> IMHO it would be much better to have an Address module, with a "type"
>> picklist value, e.g. Site, Invoice, Delivery etc... and then allow any
>> other module to use these addresses (1:n) as needed.
>>
>> Al

With
Best Regards
Uma.S