[Vtigercrm-developers] Let's make 7.4 fruitful

S T Prasad stprasad at stprasad.com
Thu Sep 17 14:14:09 GMT 2020

To Vtiger Community Folks, including our dear friend, Sreenivas Kanumuru,
and other great people at Vtiger

This is actually getting around in circles. Most of us on this list, at
least those who do write and help frequently here and some who also take
their time for the bourgeois on discussions.vtiger.com, do know that this
topic of making Vtiger better has been somewhat stymied by some governance
issues.

Some great souls, whose constitution has steel and oil, and not flesh and
blood have forked (?) Vtiger. Did they win or lose?

For propriety's sake, I shall not name nor quote. The below is my mind
spoken freely and without restraint. Anything said is for the better of the
product. I shall be the first to admit my gratitude to Vtiger as being the
bread winning platform for my team over the last decade and a bit more. We
don't do anything else, unless it has a linkage with Vtiger. No Websites,
No SAP, no nothing. We talk about them with clients who wish to have Vtiger
as a core business tool. We worship Vtiger because it brings food to our
tables.

Some many nights ago, while sleepless, I jotted into my phone, (compilation
attached), about my love-hate-love relationship with Vtiger.

It's been only very recently that Uma has been delegated the role of
channel management with the OS brood, ie, the rest of us. I pinched myself
a few times to make sure I was still alive. If it endures, we are blessed,
else life as usual.

But to make a difference, I shall appeal to us, the last (wo)men standing,
that yay or nay from Vtiger, some things have to change. The collective
outpouring and repeating of very well known issues with Vtiger base code,
which all of us have encountered and solved, remained in the mire of a
merge request, ignored time and again.

I consider my seniors and peers in this group to definitely possess the
skills to collectively make the difference. And what will that be?

The decision will be driven, when Vtiger responds to a very key
suggestion made here, viz. to open up the ecosystem.

I guess I need not get into nuts, bolts and screws.

 Thanks to all,

With best regards,

S.T.Prasad (Skype: stprasad at stprasad.com)
Founder and Chief Shikari
http://www.vtigress.com
The Purr-fect mate for vTiger
Certified Solution Partner for Asia and Africa