[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger CustomerPortal API

Chris Landa stylesuxx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:38:31 GMT 2020

Am Mi., 16. Sept. 2020 um 15:29 Uhr schrieb Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com
>:

> On 16/09/2020 14:07, Chris Landa wrote:
> > It seems "wrong" to me having to validate the login details against the
> > customerportal. I thought there might be a way via API that I am
> > missing. I am aware that those passwords are encrypted. I would encrypt
> > the given password and compare against what is already in the database -
> > basically the same way it is done on the customerportal login page
> anyway.
>
> Ahh, I see.
>
> As far as I am aware all of the existing webservices APIs were only ever
> designed for vtiger _users_; not portal users, i.e. Contacts.

This is also how I understand it - thank you for confirming

> Take a look at the files api.php and apis/AbstractApi.php in the vtiger
> CustomerPortal module for the way the authentication process is handled.
>
> Looking at that code I think you could probably poke that endpoint
> directly - rather than having to go via the Customer Portal application
> itself.
>
> Alternatively I suppose you could create a new webservices endpoint (see
> the table vtiger_ws_operation) for validation/logging in of Portal users?
>

> Al

Thanks for your input - right now I have the "wrong feeling" solution
implemented since this is just a POC project.
If we move forward, I will look into a new webservice endpoint as it seems
to be the cleanest solution to me.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Chris