[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger CustomerPortal API

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:28:03 GMT 2020

On 16/09/2020 14:07, Chris Landa wrote:
> It seems "wrong" to me having to validate the login details against the
> customerportal. I thought there might be a way via API that I am
> missing. I am aware that those passwords are encrypted. I would encrypt
> the given password and compare against what is already in the database -
> basically the same way it is done on the customerportal login page anyway.

Ahh, I see.

As far as I am aware all of the existing webservices APIs were only ever
designed for vtiger _users_; not portal users, i.e. Contacts.

Take a look at the files api.php and apis/AbstractApi.php in the vtiger
CustomerPortal module for the way the authentication process is handled.

Looking at that code I think you could probably poke that endpoint
directly - rather than having to go via the Customer Portal application
itself.

Alternatively I suppose you could create a new webservices endpoint (see
the table vtiger_ws_operation) for validation/logging in of Portal users?