[Vtigercrm-developers] closing php tag and corrupted excel files

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri Sep 4 06:51:58 GMT 2020

Hi Ruben,

Thanks! for the proposed coding guideline on removal of php closing tag we
will review this. Please do share if you have any supporting documentation.

I am not clear on how this is impacting the excel files download, Please do
describe the issue in detail. Reporting it on code.vtiger.com with an
explanation will be good.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 3:57 AM Rubén A. Estrada Orozco <rulotec1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I had to fix a  problem with excel files downloaded from the
> documents module.  The files didn't display correctly, just a bunch of
> unreadable characters like these:
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> The problem was that there was a new line at the end of the config.inc.php
> file.
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to get rid of the closing "?>" part of the php
> tag?
>
> I think that in general it would be good to avoid closing php tags. There
> are projects like prestashop that set it as a coding guideline.
>

> Saludos
>
> Rubén

With
Best Regards