[Vtigercrm-developers] Question about user_privilges file

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:01:26 GMT 2020

On 30/11/2020 11:09, Sukhdev Mohan wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Can somebody tell me if the files in this dir are failsafe for the db?
> Is there any particular reason why vtiger creates these files and
> doesn’t look at all at the db?

It's a really old throwback to the sugar days.

They are used to improve performance, the data is loaded into the
Users_Privileges_Model.

They are {re}calculated when things like sharing rules or a user setting
are changed, or you can run a simple script like this:

 > require_once('include/utils/CommonUtils.php');
 >
 > echo ("Regerating tabdata files ...<br />" . PHP_EOL);
 > 	perform_post_migration_activities();
 > echo ("Done<br />" . PHP_EOL);
 > echo "Recalculate Sharing Rules" . PHP_EOL;
 >     RecalculateSharingRules();
 > echo "Done" . PHP_EOL;

HTH

Al

NB: As I recall in a galaxy far, far, away and a very long time ago, a
chap called Adam Heinz did quite a bit of investigative work to remove this.

http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2012-January/021823.html