[Vtigercrm-developers] caching user privileges

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Fri Jan 27 09:03:40 PST 2012

Time to get another frequent user request off my plate!  We currently are
forced to postpone recalculation of sharing rules until the evenings when
the system is under lighter load.  This means that if a new user is added
in the morning, their permissions aren't properly configured until the next
day.

What I plan to prototype here is first to encapsulate privilege access
inside a class instead of
require('user_privileges/user_privileges_'.$current_user->id.'.php') all
over the place.  From there, I plan to experiment with using ADOdb caching (
http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-adodb.htm#caching) -- flushing the cache
when privileges are changed, then allowing them to lazy load as needed by
the application.

I'll open a ticket and start submitting patches as soon as I have anything
worth showing.  Comments welcome!