[Vtigercrm-developers] Interested? Multiple Portals with different permissions

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 07:08:20 GMT 2019

On 21/06/2019 04:01, nilay khatri wrote:
> That's true Alan, it will require some core field changes.
>
> I would like to understand more about the access control limitation
> which you mentioned. Some scenarios, please?

We have customers who want _certain_ users of the Portal to be able to
create and/or edit/delete records from arbitrary modules (could be a
standard vtiger module or could be vtlib created custom module).

In the Customer Portal Settings module:

1. there is only one "class" of portal user (all get the same access)
2. you cannot add or remove the ability to create/edit/delete records on
a per module basis in the portal configuration - only certain modules
permit create at all, most do not. None have delete.

I've not really thought this through but it might make more sense to
have a new kind of "User" record in vtiger - one which can only login
from the portal, but their access controls can be dealt with using the
standard Role/Profile/Sharing Access type approach?

HTH