[Vtigercrm-developers] Interested? Multiple Portals with different permissions

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 17:37:05 GMT 2019

Here's some thoughts.

I have recently just hacked vtiger 6 and the portal to allow multiple
portal sites access to the same vtiger. It was a fairly simple
requirement but is not possible without editing core code (like the way
the email template is HARDRCODED in the Contact class). So I can see
this as a useful enhancement.

Some general comments about the portal in vtiger 7...

IMHO, the current Portal module configuration tool inside vtiger is not
that good.

There are a few really annoying bugs (reported on code.vtiger.com) and
there is no way to extend it to allow the portal to work with other
modules, e.g. custom modules without modifying code.

The access control is extremely limited and again there is no way to,
for example, give create or even edit rights, to a different module than
is already permitted by the code.

The Portal itself is not easy to extend.

Al