[Vtigercrm-developers] Migration problem from version 6.4 to version 6.5

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 14:48:36 GMT 2019

6.4.0 to 6.5.0 is a rather minor migration in many ways..

The main change is the way portal user passwords are stored.

Suggest enabling error reporting, enable the debug log and run the
modules/Migration/schema/640_to_650.php script manually.

If you have a VERY large system (millions of rows in vtiger_crmentity)
then the final line of this migration script can take a fairly long time
to run...

> // Extend description data-type (eg. allow large emails to be stored)
>
> $adb->pquery("ALTER TABLE vtiger_crmentity MODIFY COLUMN description MEDIUMTEXT", array());

Al

NB: IMHO, this (making the description column bigger) is totally the
wrong approach. Why keep email data in this table at all? It should
really only be for *metadata*.