[Vtigercrm-developers] Quality Control / Testing?

Sutharsan J ajstharsan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 16:32:53 GMT 2019

HI

Unit test means Automated?  They may be doing manual unit test. Adding
automated unit test is a complex and time consuming process to vtiger, but
not impossible

Thanks
Sutharsan Jeganathan

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 9:41 PM Rubén A. Estrada Orozco <rulotec1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Do you have an idea why there's no unit testing done in the Vtiger open
> source project? I remember having read a job offering from Vtiger where
> they were looking for a developer with experience in unit testing. So that
> leads me to think they somehow do it for their paid version. why don't we
> have unit testing in the open source version?
>
> Saludos
>
> Rubén
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:30 AM Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi vtiger developers.
>>
>> I just found (another) serious bug introduced recently into the master
>> branch because of a lazy programming error to be honest.
>>
>> Could you please try testing your code before committing?
>>
>> http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1124
>>
>> It is similar, in a way to this one:
>>
>> http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1117
>>
>> In that it clearly shows very little to no serious testing was carried
>> out.
>>

>> Al

*Development Manager Radus28 Software Solution [image: Radus28 Software
Solution] 123, Level 2, Mc Larens Building Baudhaloka Mw. Colombo 04 Sri
Lanka M : +94773795291 E  : sutharsan at radus28.com <sutharsan at radus28.com> W
: www.radus28.com <http://www.radus28.com>*