[Vtigercrm-developers] How to have an empty DateTime field in Detail View?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:47:19 GMT 2018

This is on vtiger 6.3

I have added a new DateTime column to a custom module and want to
display the value in DetailView only, e.g. displaytype 2.

If the row's value is NULL I want the field to show nothing. But
irrespective of what UIType I try (5, 6, 70) if the database row is
empty, the field in DetailView shows NOW(). I do not want this.

I think it is down to the constructor of the DateTimeField class but If
I tweak this to make $value = NULL or '' I still get the Time part(?),
and I'm not sure if this will break anything else either?

TIA