[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger CRM: Weekly Wrap - Feb 23, 2018

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Fri Feb 23 12:48:10 GMT 2018

​Dear members,

​
Getting ready with a weekly wrap is
​ now becoming​
interesting activity and
​I'm ​
glad to see it being received with appreciation
​- ​
which is a huge motivation.

This week focus was more on
​addressing
 an
​
 blocker issue
​s​
and those that trickle
​d ​
​
​
​
during early validation.
​ ​
Happy to see not many fell into this - which is a good signal for release.

But most of our time went into ​cleaning the stalled issue which were
either fixed or invalid (as to latest-master) and those that had very less
details or bound to setup of individual server.

Highlights

   - 20+ issues we knocked from the bugs queue.
   - customerportal addon got stabilized.
   - Discussions Forums was upgraded to get focused engagement.

What's Next?

We have firmed up the following timelines:

   - 7.1.0 GA - Release to happen in Mar 1st week.
      - ​Internal validation to resume next-week.​
      ​

      - Further Minor Releases - 7.1.1 (and more as required)
      - Focused on bug-fixes, features, merge-req
      ​s.
      - Development will continue on master.

      - ​​
   Next Major Release - 7.2.0
      - ​Run smooth under strict enforcement of
       PHP 7.x and MySQL 5.7
         - Desire to move towards composer is noted too.
         - Changes would be more targeted on the server-side (likely less
         or no affect on the client-side).​

         - ​​
      Development will be on a separate branch
      ​.​
      ​

​Have a happy weekend!​

Regards,