[Vtigercrm-developers] Licenses in Vtiger

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Thu Feb 22 09:49:51 GMT 2018

Thank you for the answer. I have a couple of suggestions:

1. It would be good to add the missing info about licenses in files.

2. I think you should analyze what licenses there are in the system,
there are many great tools to help with that, eg:  https://fossa.io/

3. Removing libraries licensed under GPL and AGPL would be a good idea,
as it might cause more harm than good to you and your clients.

It took us 3 months to clean up the licenses in the system, and I think
you should do that too. We removed some libraries and moved them to
https://yarnpkg.com/lang/en/ for example. It seems like it's been 10
years since you guys cleaned them up.

---
Z poważaniem / Regards

BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
M: +48.884999123
E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com

W dniu 2018-02-21 14:34, Prasad napisał(a):

> Thanks Joe. I have summarized below.
>
> jquery.class.min.js -
> MIT (Core repo gone missing)
> jquery.additions.js - VPL (attribution required)
> modules/Calendar/iCal - LGPL
>
> Regards,
> Prasad
> Vtiger Team
>
> --
> FB [1] I Twit [2] I LIn [3] I Blog [4] I Website [5]
>
> In my list of licenses for coreBOS I have
>
> iCal LGPL from here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/bennu/files/bennu/0.1/ [6]
>
> I don't know about the others.
>
> On 21/02/18 13:14, Błażej Pabiszczak wrote:
>
> We were cleaning up licenses in our system and we found a few libraries that are in Vtiger but we didn't find under what licenses they were released:
>
> * http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/blob/master/libraries/jquery/jquery.class.min.js [7]
> * http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/tree/master/modules/Calendar/iCal [8]
> * http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/blob/master/libraries/jquery/jquery.additions.js [9]
> * http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/blob/master/resources/jquery.additions.js [10]
>
> Do you know under what licenses these libraries were released when you added them to the system? Do you have a list of all libraries used in Vtiger together with the info about their licenses?
>
> ---
> Z poważaniem / Regards
>
> BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
> M: +48.884999123
> E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com

> JPL TSolució, S.L. garantiza la confidencialidad de los datos que obran en su poder y según lo estipulado por la LOPD
> (Ley Orgánica 15/1999 de 13 de diciembre de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal). Este mensaje se dirige
> exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
> indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en
> virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente
> por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción. El correo electrónico vía Internet no permite asegurar la confidencialidad
> de los mensajes que se transmiten ni su integridad o correcta recepción. JPL TSolució, S.L. no asume ninguna
> responsabilidad por estas circunstancias.

http://www.vtiger.com/

Links:
------
[1] http://www.facebook.com/vtiger