[Vtigercrm-developers] New Customer Portal for V7.1

Satish Dvnk satish.dvnk at vtiger.com
Thu Feb 1 12:45:52 GMT 2018

Hi Alan,

> What does *$site_URL* mean? Is the the CRM url or the portal url?
CRM Url (from config.inc.php)

Earlier, we have used the variables $server_Path and $authenticate_Path for
customer portal. Current version, We liked to deprecate these variables so
we have retained it. We used $site_URL instead of $server_Path as
Client.php(vtlib/Net/) depending on the site url. So we can ignore those
older variables. I will update these in the next commit

> It is a "bomb". That means it has no top-level directory, e.g.
customer-portal/. This is not good practice.
Thank you for letting us know, I will reconstruct the zip on top-level
directory

> Once unzipped, all files and directories are created with rwxrwxrwx. this
is definitely not good practice. No files should need to be executable in
this package from what I can see.
Thank you. We will check file permission while updating the zip.

*regards,Satish.Dvnk*