[Vtigercrm-developers] New Customer Portal for V7.1

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 10:07:56 GMT 2018

Thanks for the update Satish.

A few comments:

When you unzip the portal package:

1. It is a "bomb". That means it has no top-level directory, e.g.
customer-portal/. This is not good practice.

2. Once unzipped, all files and directories are created with rwxrwxrwx.
this is definitely not good practice. No files should need to be
executable in this package from what I can see.

3. In the config.php and portalConfig.php I think you have messed up the
variable names...

One looks for $site_URL but this isn't configured in PortalConfig.
In PortalConfig there is a global $portal_Path;

$portal_Path doesn't exist either. It is called $authenticate_Path;

Al