[Vtigercrm-developers] how and where to add a custom setting?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Apr 26 12:47:47 GMT 2018

Hi all,
I'd like to add a custom setting. I have a data sync job in PHP that cron
runs, syncing from the AS400 to Vtiger. Per a suggestion from this list,
the 400 now has a table storing only the records that have changed, and
each record has a datetime so I can grab only changes since the sync job's
last run. Storing the time of that last run is where my custom setting
comes in.

I need a place to keep a PHP date object, or a string that matches the
400's datetime string format. Either way is fine with me. Can I make a new
configuration setting and access it? If so, how? Do I just add it to a
config file? If it's that easy, what is the PHP code for accessing and
later updating the setting? Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com