[Vtigercrm-developers] Speeding up web services sync script?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Apr 23 20:24:37 GMT 2018

I've thought about going directly to the tables, yes. My concern is that
web services do all the checks and other behind-the-scenes things I might
not know to do. I could update vtiger_contact, but what about the seemingly
unrelated table that may or may not get updated at the same time? I'd never
know exactly what steps are taken by web services, at least not without a
great deal of time spent tracing the web services code.

A CSV import is my other option. I assumed that 20,000 records would take
just as long with that method as with web services, since both take a
similar approach. At least, I'm guessing they do. Plus, I've not looked
into automating a CSV import, and I'm not sure if there's a way to handle
duplicates and such automatically. This would need to be a cron job, not
something I'd do manually. Do you think this would be a viable route for my
purposes?

ahall at autodist.com