[Vtigercrm-developers] Q. on vt7 Detail/Summary view picklists

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:48:06 GMT 2017

Just to follow up with some more info, the markup linked to below shows
the state of the DOM _after_ you have changed a picklist value in Detail
View.

IMHO this really is not very well implemented.

Bits of that DOM change when you change a picklist option but the key
part of the DOM - which would be the ideal bit to read data from -
doesn't :-(

The line below shows the value *after* I have changed the picklist from
512 to 256.

> <input class="fieldBasicData" data-name="lsfwd_rate" data-type="picklist" data-displayvalue="512" data-value="512" type="hidden">

On screen it now says 256. In the database the field value has been
saved as 256. And in the horrendously-hard-to-grab select2-chosen span
tag referred to earlier it reads (Note: this is the "display value" not
the true value - if this was a translated text string it would not be
usable):

In the original <select><options...> the option value 512 is still set
as "selected":

> <option value="512" selected="">512</option>

When in fact, I have already clicked the pencil icon, changed the value
to 256 and clicked the tick to save it.

This is *really* hard to deal with...

Al