[Vtigercrm-developers] Q. on vt7 Detail/Summary view picklists

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:32:47 GMT 2017

To answer my own question, No. There isn't any write facilities to the
uimeta var.

I have decided to approach my task in a different direction instead...

But I am still really struggling with the implementation of fields in
vtiger 7...

Please see the attached snippet of a picklist field in Detail View:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23868473/

Please can a vtiger dev explain the correct way to read the real value
of this field (Not the display value)?

The only place I can see it is inside this span

But accessing it seems to be overly complex in terms of the amount of
DOM tree one has to traverse to get to it.

Is there an API (in "app" or "helper" for example) for accessing field
values?

My particular query now is for a Picklist, but I guess that depending on
the UIType of the field you want the DOM is going to be very different
for each kind of field...

Thanks

Al