[Vtigercrm-developers] Custom field limit

Stuart Maynard-Keene stuartmaynardkeene at findmypub.com
Tue Feb 21 09:48:33 GMT 2017

Thanks everyone, I’ve changed these picklist fields from VARCHAR(255) to VARCHAR(50) which has freed up some space.

When I took over this project there was 450+ fields in the leads module. I’ve probably added 20 new fields and redesigned it to total 350 so far, not bad going.

Stu

On 21/02/2017, 08:11, "vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com on behalf of Alan Lord" <vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com on behalf of alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

    On 20/02/17 19:15, Stuart Maynard-Keene wrote:
    > Hi list, is there a limit to how many custom fields you can have for a module?
    >
    > Currently the vtiger_leadscf table is standing at 325 fields (don’t ask!) and suddenly when I try to add new fields through the vTiger interface its stopped adding them to this table but still adds the relevant picklist tables.

    You should almost certainly redesign your module. I very much doubt
    there is a need for ~350 fields in one module record...

    But to answer your question, as Sutharsan has replied, you are probably
    hitting MySQL column/row limits.

    Alan