[Vtigercrm-developers] IP used in the HELO request

Stefan Warnat ich at stefanwarnat.de
Fri Dec 29 01:21:17 GMT 2017

Hy Tony,

You need a PTR DNS Record for your IP and this PTR Records *MUST* match the
hostname from mailserver. This PTR Record isn't related to your server, but
to your server provider. So you need to ask them.
But if "Server without name" only means, that Postfix isn't using a
Hostname:
https://rudd-o.com/linux-and-free-software/setting-up-a-mail-server-using-postfix-in-5-minutes

But: There is a reason, why such Mails are blocked. (*And also will blocked
with short information to sender on all server I manage*)
If a ServerAdmin is not able to configure a Mailserver, there cannot be any
important mails from this server and admin mostly also cannot monitor if
the server is sending spam or someone tries to BruteForce a SMTP login.
Sounds hard, but otherwise SPAM will flood our servers.
*To be fair:* In the last 1-2 years the administration of Mailserver is
getting harder and harder and is a very time intensive task. I'm happy
about every client, which use external Mail Provider, like Office 365,
GMail, etc.

You/your client should consider to use something like
https://www.mailgun.com/ for mailsending. (from CRM)
Last month I found them and be very happy about the packages they
provide (*Also
free one*). Not too expensive and very developer friendly. (And we don't
get any SPAM problems from their used IPs in last 4 weeks ~8000 Mails )

Regards,

Stefan

----
*Freelancer at Webdevelopment*