[Vtigercrm-developers] vt7 Workflow: Update field task...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:36:33 GMT 2017

I have two workflows. The first is triggered on a Quotation and it runs
two Workflow tasks. the first is a custom workflow function which
auto-generates a Sales Order when the user sets the Quote to Accepted.
The second is the Update Field Task and it is setting the Sales Stage of
the parent Opportunity to a specific value.

I then have a custom Workflow function on the Opportunity to do various
things. I wanted this workflow to be triggered by the preceeding
workflow which is updating the Sales Stage value. But it doesn;t seem to
be triggering. It has correctly updated the Sales Stage, but this has
not then fired the workflow. If I simply open and save the Opportunity
the workflow works.

Is this the expected behaviour? I always assumed that Workflow tasks
like this would cause a save event...

TIA