[Vtigercrm-developers] Add doc relation

iko irina_k6 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 26 08:59:15 GMT 2017

I am relatively new here. And my understanding of the Vtiger open source
community is limited.
I assumed that open source is about sharing and making project stronger. But
what are the real rules in Vtiger is not clear to me. For example, I fix a
bug or lack of function which is quite critical (like in the add doc
relation case). Then what I should be doing is thinking about how to make
money on this fix?

Every time there is a question about bug fix or functionality improvement,
there are mostly suggestions to buy extensions or buy services. Of course
people are not interested in sharing if money is involved.

But it is fair, I see.

The only problem is that core Vtiger continues with the bugs and lack of
functions. I understand that this is a complex problem also due to the
Vtiger attitude to the community version. Fact, that merge requests are not
merged is disturbing.