[Vtigercrm-developers] WorkflowDesigner and ready ticketing scenarios

Stefan Warnat ich at stefanwarnat.de
Sun Sep 18 22:09:27 GMT 2016

Hy,

Unfortunately I must disappoint you a little and I will shortly explain
this.
I already take a look, how to create such process. I know it will be really
cool and could provide heavy customizations of the process of clients. (And
you could handle every wish of clients, within minutes)

Current situation is, I already implement many functions of vtiger into
Workflow Designer and allow the automation of these processes.
But some of them are not developed for an automation and sometimes it
creates problems with the mix of functions. (For example: Same dependencies
are included multiple times, mixing of special Request variable
requirements, ... )
Issues, for example, only happens if function A is mixed with function B,
which makes it very difficult to workaround, because if I solve this
combination, another function C is no more working.
I don't found a good way to UnitTest VtigerCRM modules to make it easier.

A very good side of the vtiger community is, every developer I contacted,
like Boru, Its4you, Makeyourcloud, .vtexperts.com, .... .agree to corporate
and give me the chance to build some workarounds into my module.
A big thanks about this @you!

Why I'm explaining this:
In my experience the MailScanner of Vtiger is not very stable, if not
configured completely correct or mailbox is too big, for example.

I see the risk, I must explain, why Workflow Designer blocks MailScanner.
There are unlimited own reasons, why MailScanner don't work or blocks
execution for some time.
*(Most clients with problems forget to tell me, that functions also don't
work without Workflow Designer) ;)*
To say "You could not use MailScanner with Workflow Designer if you have
problems", is worse, then to say "I don't support this at the moment."
I know the sourcecode of MailScanner very well in meantime. And I would not
say, this is a safe base.

Currently also such process require file modifications of MailScanner,
because I must implement an own MailScanner Action.
I already had done and use this for the vtiger 5.40 version and it wouldn't
very hard at all to also do this for 6.x.

If I would prepare this for 6.5, within current days, a more professional
time of my business, I also would/must provide support and you would kill
me, instead of vtiger devs, if MailScanner isn't working in client systems.
;)
Regardless the reason.

*But:*
During the writing of this response, I think about it. Maybe you know the
risk and problems of MailScanner and would like to use it nevertheless.
I will prepare a description to do this. Because the next week looks like
horrible, I hope until end of week (until 23.09.) is helpful enough.

Thanks for using my module!

Regards,

Stefan

----