[Vtigercrm-developers] Roadmap 6.5 and 7

Simone Travaglini simonetravaglini at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 16:10:39 GMT 2016

Hi Prasad,
some month ago you wrote:

*7.0 Release Goal *(ETA - tentative 2017)

   - Vtiger 7 Layout
   - Enabling Multi-layout support need more community evaluation and
      feedback.
      - Approved Ondemand features + core framework changes that are
   compatible to Opensource.

What features will be in 7.0?

   - To be discussed post 6.5.0 release.
   - You are welcome to file requests on code.vtiger.com.

News about?
What featurs in 7.0?

> I have summarized the targets that is on the table:
>
> *6.5 Release Goal *(Q2 / early Q3 2016)
>
>    - More focused on bug-fixes, merge-requests and minor features.
>    - Features that demands less core-framework changes will be pulled
>    from Ondemand.
>
> *7.0 Release Goal *(ETA - tentative 2017)
>
>    - Vtiger 7 Layout
>    - Enabling Multi-layout support need more community evaluation and
>       feedback.
>       - Approved Ondemand features + core framework changes that are
>    compatible to Opensource.
>
> What features will be in 7.0?
>
>    - To be discussed post 6.5.0 release.
>    - You are welcome to file requests on code.vtiger.com.
>
> *Would there be 6.6 instead of 7.0?*
>
>    - Possible.
>
> Regards,
> Prasad
> Vtiger Team
>
> --
> FB <http://www.facebook.com/vtiger> I Twit <http://twitter.com/vtigercrm>
>  I LIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/1270573?trk=tyah> I Blog
> <https://blogs.vtiger.com> I Website <https://www.vtiger.com/>
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Manuel Fernando <ptdesigner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> About create a new fork, speaking for myself, is not necessary because
>> the fork is here.
>>
>> And even if someone (individual or group) create a new fork some problems
>> still there because the main problem now is not defined what must be done.
>> New features, just fixes or improvements etc etc.
>> A new fork, depending of witch people would drive that fork will always
>> have a more specific way of thinking for their business cases or their
>> knowledge areas.
>>
>> We have now more tools than ever to contribute.
>> For that, we should open a discussion like a webform for community put
>> their needs and vote for improvements or new functionalities so we have a
>> better understanding of what people is looking for.
>> Vtiger team may have some data collected in the past years when vtiger is
>> installed (selecting the business case).
>> Community can have some similar if some "vote data" is collected.
>>
>> Maybe we don’t need Vtiger 7 “depending of what is bringing for community”
>>
>> About new features, sometimes they try to fill CRM’s in a way that gets
>> massive and software looses his direction when try to include everything
>> and that’s why extensions are great.
>>
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Manuel
>>
>> > No dia 29/04/2016, às 09:50, Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk>
>> escreveu:

>> at
>> a few
>> > worth noting for the vtiger folk that the best way to motivate people
>> to contribute more stuff is to review issues and action merges in a
>> reasonable timescale, (accepting or rejecting is fine, leaving it is not so
>> good) if I have 10 outstanding merge requests sitting there with no
> [...]

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!