[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list) (B?a?ej Pabiszczak)

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Thu Oct 27 08:42:24 GMT 2016

@Doug

For many years you've been criticizing and yelling, but what have you
done for the Vtiger community? I don't know why you are so concerned
about our forum [mailing list]... You've been there for the whole time,
but I guess you failed to realize that the community moved to
GitHub:https://github.com/YetiForceCompany/YetiForceCRM/stargazers [1].

Right now 327 people starred our project, and from what I see at
http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm [2] only 32 people liked Vtiger.
This month 12 people contributed to our project, do you know how many
contributed to Vtiger? Open your eyes and start giving something,
instead of just taking.

@TimeZone

If you find me so annoying why won't you block my email in your mail
client? It'll take you 30 seconds. Vtiger team doesn't need your vote to
block me on their mailing list. The problem with you and the other
loudmouths is that you just keep on taking, but can't give anything. You
say you got over 6 years of experience with Vtiger as far as writing
scripts and apps is concerned, but tell me how much the Vtiger community
has benefited on that? I searched far and wide and found nothing.

YetiForce is Vtiger with 11k changes - instead of criticizing you should
learn how to use it to your own advantage. For 2 years we've been
uploading changes published by Vtiger, fixing them logic-wise,
business-wise, and safety-wise, ensuring PSR and SensioLabs
compatibility. Which of these changes have you uploaded to Vtiger? Have
you uploaded security fixes to your clients' systems, or do they still
use systems full of critical security errors?

@All

I'm just like that and I won't change. OpenSaaS/YetiForce team has
helped Vtiger's community a lot over the years. We created free modules,
updated the language pack, replied to posts added by Polish people and
helped users on this mailing list. We introduce many changes that can be
easily moved to Vtiger and it depends on you how you want to benefit
from our help. Some functionalities have been uploaded to
code.vtiger.com [some users even deleted our license :/, you should
start using CLA!!!] and we think that cooperation is a good solution for
both projects.

@VtigerTeam

I have to admit you proved to be very patient by accepting all my posts,
or posts from people associated with other projects [eg. coreBOS], all I
want to achieve by posting here is making both projects develop equally
dynamically. When you stop introducing changes it means that I don't
have these changes in my project either.
The Vtiger community expects honesty, but you haven't been very honest
for the past couple of years and it might be good to fix this [you got
nothing to lose]. It only depends on you how much you will use our
experience, the elements we change right now should interest you, and
you should use it. I understand that you don't like many of our changes,
but there are many other changes that you could add to your system.

The problem is that you don't develop CE version, but claim that you do.
It would be better if you said it clearly just like Sugar did with CE
version, and then no one would have any problems with that. I would stop
taking part in discussions, because there would be no point doing that.
But if you develop the system and we upload changes from your system to
ours, we feel as a part of this system, in particular because we've
given a lot. There are no people left on this list who would want to
switch to YetiForce, because those who wanted  already did that a long
time ago. I suppose that currently we have a larger community of
developers than you do, so why are we here? In order to cooperate but on
an equal basis.

If I wanted to convince people to switch to our project I'd post on :

 	* https://discussions.vtiger.com/ [3]
 	* LinkedIn, groups associated with Vtiger, Open Source, CRM
[altogether 200k members]
 	* Different forums and mailing lists that you don't control

We constantly learn and we'd rather use the knowledge for cooperation
instead of competition.

---
Z poważaniem / Regards

BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
_Chief Executive Officer_
M: +48.884999123
E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com

W dniu 2016-10-26 22:00, TimeZone napisał(a):

> To the moderator of this list.
>
> You have my vote to remove access to this list for (B?a?ej Pabiszczak).
>
> It is tiresome to read yet another splattter from this spammer.
>
> Posting uninvited content with links to their own product is spamming as we all call it.
>
> We would not allow this type of post, if it was a SugarCRM or other loosely related CRM.
>
> In fact I don't actually believe, they would be so crass to try this sort of marketing.
>
> There is no useful comment or other assistance, I have taken from posts from this contributor.
>
> I tried their demo once recently and it failed on their site!
>
> I do not wish to see this carry on any further.
>
> I vote to block this poster.
>
> Bernard Bailey

Links:
------