[Vtigercrm-developers] Performance and Installation Process

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:34:08 GMT 2016

On 05/10/16 18:11, Manuel Fernando wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Don’t you guys agree that when each update (migration) is released,
> installation is getting massive?
>
> I see now in different systems since 6.4 6.5 and  6.6(not released yet)
> installation takes a lot to finish. This is because installation uses
> the migration files (540_to_600RC.php, 600_to_610.php, etc)
>
> Is a good idea or not combine an pre ready .sql to populate database in
> installation?

There does need to be a different approach I completely agree.

These migration scripts are full of bugs and errors. I was very
surprised when I discovered that a clean installation runs through these
too.

I have spent a lot of time fixing most of the issues and speeding up the
migration scripts where possible and I now run them from the command
line only. They take so long to run (the ones from 5.4.0 to 6.0.0 and
6.0.0 to 6.1.0 are the main problems) on a large database that doing it
via the web interface would never work.