[Vtigercrm-developers] Mailscanner: Create ticket from email - how to respond?

Steve Kenow skenow at rdspos.com
Wed May 25 01:35:52 GMT 2016

We are using workflows to acknowledge tickets created through the mail
scanner, and we have one to send acknowledgement emails to tickets created
through the CRM (usually calling our service desk) and have a contact with
an email assigned.

   1. The mail scanner creates the ticket and assigns to a specific user
   (Call it "Inbox", for example).
   2. Create a new ticket workflow - Tickets module and only trigger on the
   first save
   3. Set the criteria as Assigned To = Inbox
   4. Add a task to send an email

We also have a task to change the Assigned To one of our regular queues,
and update a few other fields

For the workflow for tickets created via a phone call, we have another
workflow that triggers a different email response.

   1. Trigger only on the first save
   2. Criteria: From Portal "is disabled"; Assigned To "is not Inbox";
   3. Add a task to send an email - include hints to create tickets via
   email, instead of having to call

Once we have the customer portal set up, we'll have a 3rd workflow for
acknowledging new tickets and ticket updates

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 2:34 AM, socialboostdk <socialboostdk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm creating a ticket from email via the mailscanner.
>
> Its working OK (except a little bit buggy because i have to select a "does
> not contain sdofijw3r" to get it to accept anything incoming), but I would
> like to respond to the sender when the bug is done via workflow if possible.
>
> How can I achieve that? Ie perhaps a "Thanks, your issue has been
> reported" mail via workflow?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

*Steve Kenow*