[Vtigercrm-developers] Why do Workflows not working with displaytype 2 fields ?

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:39:36 GMT 2016

Hi,

I need to update some calculated fields with displaytype "2" via workflow.
Unfortunatly, these fields are not available on workflow configuration.
Is there any particular reason for that ?

Let's say I have a 2 fields :
- Field A with value 'yes/no'
- Field B which is date type and should not be editable by users (configured
as DisplayType '2' seems perfect), so it's only available on Detailview or
ListView

-> if value is 'yes' then Field B should be filled with today's date
-> if value is 'no', then Field B should not be updated

I also tried with marking the field as read-only via Profiles settings but
then it does not calculate anything unless I edit the record with an account
with full rights on the target field B (like an admin account).