[Vtigercrm-developers] Another peice of work ideal for a community focus?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:20:34 GMT 2016

Over the past few months there have been a couple of reports of issues
on new installations where MySQL (or MariaDB) has either/or
STRICT_TRANS_TABLES or STRICT_ALL_TABLES set.

This settings are now on by default apparently in most modern installations.

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/202

I am wondering if, a bit like the PHP 7 effort, this would be a good one
to try and coordinate and attack by as many of us in the community as we
can.

These settings are a *good* thing. They stop MySQL saving invalid data.

My personal opinion is that things like this, should be fixed, rather
than worked around or simply disabled...

Any comments?

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk