[Vtigercrm-developers] contacts leaving the company

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed May 11 07:32:24 GMT 2016

On 11/05/16 07:35, Preexo wrote:
> Am I thinking to complicated? I was looking for a hide or inactive flag in
> the contacts module but couldn't find any...

Most of our clients add a checkbox, or use a picklist value, to mark
whatever module's records they want to "archive" then use this in their
everyday filters.

You probably don't want to delete these records... In more
financial-based systems, such as an ERP, when you create a document like
a Quote or an Invoice, the related details of the company and contact
etc, are all stored as "text" within _this_ record as well as retaining
the links back to the related entities. This way important information
is retained even if a related Contact, for example, is deleted at some
point in the future.

As I have mentioned before on here, especially for things like Invoices,
in many countries, once you have issued one, it should never really be
editable again, unless you have a process to formally cancel it. But
this requires record level locking and access controls. There is a new
issue on gitlab for this, but I suspect it will be quite a bit of work
to implement in a generic and configurable manner.

HTH