[Vtigercrm-developers] contacts leaving the company

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 06:35:28 GMT 2016

I am hoping for a little input on how you all handle this or how you tell
your customers to handle this situation:
You have been creating salesorders and invoices for company foobar for the
last 10 years and always with the same contact xyz.
Now that contact xyz leaves the company foobar and joins company abc1. Will
you change the contacts organization to the new company or create a new
contact?
Same question, but this time contact xyz disappears and never comes back, he
is basically a dead entry in the CRM, but with hundreds of SO and IN
attached to his name. How would you handle this?

Basically in what case would you delete contacts? What about all the legacy
data, it will basically change old invoices data for example which should be
a no go.

Am I thinking to complicated? I was looking for a hide or inactive flag in
the contacts module but couldn't find any...