[Vtigercrm-developers] Separating Creat/Edit into 2 separate Role/Profile permissions

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:12:21 GMT 2016

On 11/03/16 13:56, Prasad wrote:
> Alan,
>
>     Whilst you are at it Prasad you might as well introduce support for
>     Record Level acl too ;-)
>

> I feel having too much of ACL is more confusing to administrator and
> gets complex.
> Can you share business use-case?

We are frequently asked by our customers for the ability to "lock"
records based on the value of picklists etc...

A classic example would be for an Invoice. In _all_ accounting systems I
know of, once an Invoice is confirmed it should *never* be editable
unless it is formally cancelled again.

We have other scenarios where certain roles should not be allowed to
edit a record like a Lead based, for example, on the value of the Sales
Stage.

Currently we have to do it via lots of hacks and it is very "bespoke".