[Vtigercrm-developers] How to extend feature such as Global Search without core modifications ?

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:28:13 GMT 2016

I had a closer look at the yetiforce extension and realized they also had it
integrated in their crm, like you had it in the middle of the vtiger.

I think with vtiger it's always better to not mess with the core and start a
separate extension. So I have extracted your backport into a new repository
on github: https://github.com/preexo/vtiger-global-search

The next few steps will be like this:
* Test, and define what is not working, what is still missing
* Review backported code and fix missing/outstanding issues
* Test again and report back to the broken issues
* Release

I haven't had a close look yet, I'm sure a lot of stuff is still missing or
not working since I'm not sure everything relevant for the global search to
work has been transferred into the separate extension.