[Vtigercrm-developers] Another migration script query...

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Tue Mar 8 00:36:58 GMT 2016

I reported errors related to migrating scripts repeatedly. This is a
fragment of my mail from 2014:

> _Cooperation - part 1_
>
> "Although we sent ready-made solutions for migration errors from 5.4 version to 6.0 version to vtiger-list, they were not corrected for months and I will leave it with no comments."

I understand why Vtiger launched code.vtiger.com, they simply wanted a
few months without complaints. What I don't understand is why you still
have hopes, despite this kind of developer's attitude.

1. Why hasn't anybody transferred the errors from
http://trac.vtiger.com/ [3] to http://code.vtiger.com [4]?
2. Why doesn't anybody verify changes introduced to the current version
of the system?
3. Why hasn't anybody added and fixed the security errors reported by me
to the mailing list?
4. Why doesn't anybody introduce new functionalities to the system?
5. Why doesn't anybody improve the low quality code, that's been in the
system for years?

So my question to you, Alan, is - what do you think is going to change
in 2016? And what is going to change in 2017? What do you think CRMs in
2017 will look like, and where will Vtiger be then? And the most
important - what can you do to make Vtiger change their attitude towards
the community and the open source version, which has been simply
abandoned.
---

Z poważaniem / Regards

BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
_Chief Executive Officer_
M: +48.884999123
E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
-------------------------

W dniu 2016-03-04 11:47, Alan Lord napisał(a):

> This is totally bonkers...
>
> When you install a clean version of vtiger, say version 6.4.0, what I discovered recently is that the installation process runs all the migration scripts as well!
>
> See: http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/86 [1]
>
> Recall that in 540_to_600RC.php there is the bit of code I mentioned before which is losing *critical* information when it migrates old comments from the vtiger_ticketcomments to the standard vtiger_modcomments table...
>
> Very shortly *after* the above piece of code is a bit which adds the "customer" field (that holds the Contact ID) into the ModComments module!
>
> In the ModComments Module zipped package file it creates the vtiger_modcomments table with the following SQL
>
>> CREATE TABLE `vtiger_modcomments` (
>> `modcommentsid` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
>> `commentcontent` text,
>> `related_to` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
>> `parent_comments` varchar(100) default NULL
>> ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
>
> There are three further columns which are being added to this table via the migration script (but only after the data has been copied from tickets and faq records)!
>
> 'customer', 'userid', 'reasontoedit'
>
> Over the years I have pointed out that there are several very major, and loads of minor, errors in these migration scripts and from what I can tell none of them have been incorporated as yet (please see the archive of this list for more information).
>
> What has really surprised me recently is that these scripts are being run during a fresh, clean installation too!
>
> Why?
>
> Why hasn't, for example, the ModComments module package been updated so that when we install 6.4.0 it creates all the necessary columns?
>
> It means that none of the standard vtiger modules which are installed on a new system have a particular *version*. Because, in this case, ModComments is updated from the 540_to_600RC.php script after it is installed.
>
> This seems completely bonkers to me...
>
> Al

> http://www.vtiger.com/ [2]

Links: