[Vtigercrm-developers] Another migration script query...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:16:00 GMT 2016

On 03/03/16 15:05, Alan Lord wrote:
> I was somewhat confused by the ownership part of this. I now see that it
> can include a Contact id in the vtiger_crmentity table. This was
> something I just learned and perhaps others will find it helpful...

Err,

having just run this migration I see that this doesn't in fact work...

On the original vtiger system (5.2.1) in a ticket comment I see
something like this:

> We'll keep you updated about this webcast.
> Know someone else that'd be interested?'
> Author : Alan Riley Lord on 2015-12-01 08:03:41

I have changed the "Author" name but what is displayed *is* the name of
the Contact.

In the migrated system in that ticket the author name has been replaced
by the name of the vtiger Administrator!!!

I have a customer where support is their main business and loosing this
information would be catastrophic - we have about 12,000 comments on
Tickets.

Can one of the devs tell me where the problem is here?

And how come no one else has picked this up?

Thanks