[Vtigercrm-developers] Best practice mysql configuration for international characterset?

Oleg Antonov oleg.a at pinstudio.ru
Wed Jun 29 09:57:56 GMT 2016

Hi, socialboostdk!

Here is my translation of the installation manual for russian vTiger fork,
applicable to opensource vTigerCRM as well

In MySQL settings you should uses UTF8 as default character set. To set if
create file /etc/mysql/conf.d/utf8.cnf with following (for MySQL v 5.5 and
above default-character-set not necessary):

[mysqld]

collation_server=utf8_general_ci

character_set_server=utf8

default-character-set=utf8

init_connect='SET collation_connection = utf8_general_ci'

init_connect='SET NAMES utf8'

[mysql]

default-character-set = utf8

Also you should configure locales for *correct import handling.* To use
Cyrillic characters you should have those locales : CP1251, UTF-8 and
ISO-8859-1. Check existing and install if needed (strict corresponding for
the character set and the locale are important):

# locale -a

# localedef -i ru_RU -f CP1251 CP1251

# localedef -i ru_RU -f UTF-8 UTF-8

# localedef -i en_US -f ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1

Restart Mysql and Apache:

# /etc/init.d/mysql restart

# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

....next steps in install manual...

Hope this helps!
If you need help with Russian stuff, you can write me directly.

--
PINstudio
Oleg Antonov