[Vtigercrm-developers] Change name (+URL) of a custom module?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:02:01 GMT 2016

On 29/06/16 08:53, socialboostdk wrote:
> I've made a module -
> domain.com/index.php?module=Rooms&view=Detail&record=19618
> <http://domain.com/index.php?module=Rooms&view=Detail&record=19618>. How
> big a proces is it to change the name of the module as it is shown in
> the URL also? How many places will that in theory affect?

Depending on how may files in your module and data in the database, it
can be a fair bit of work...

In vtiger, the assumption is that ModuleName is the name of the
directory under modules, the name of all the classes (for the class
loader), and the name will be in many tables in the database.

I recommend learning to use sed but also choose your module names
carefully ;-)

HTH