[Vtigercrm-developers] 6.5.0 Release Update

Simone Travaglini simonetravaglini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 14:30:45 GMT 2016

Alan got the point.
I understand that ondemand version have more feature avaiable than open
source. But the problem is if core it's not the same. So I hope vtiger team
will understand that: we need that they realign opensource with ondemand
core, and they can offer ondemand more future than open source. In present
situation seems that open source and ondemand are 2 different product.

> You can do a fork on code.vtiger.com just as easily as you can on github.
> You can fork it and add new features and contribute them back. I do this. I
> wrote the instructions here http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm on
> how to fork it, fix or change something and contribute back your
> improvements.
> There have been some issues getting prompt reviews of merge requests, and
> I have raised concerns about that and many fixes got in, along with a few
> features. There is a ton more in the pipeline and I have a fork with a
> comprehensive update of all the javascript libraries (doesn't fully work
> yet, I haven't had time to complete it and my country seems to have just
> broken, which is a bit of a distraction).
>
> Doing a branding fork, creating "wtiger" or whatever is a *heap* of work
> and risk I don't want to do, and customers are asking for help with their
> vtiger, not yetiforce or sugarcrm or anything else.
>
> If there was a really convincing number of unloved merge requests, then I
> might be tempted to do something but there really isn't. If I was to
> suggest a change, I really want the on-demand stuff to be resynced with the
> open source project, the open source code should lead the on-demand
> platform because I don't want to waste my time doing stuff that has already
> been done, perhaps in an incompatible way.
>
> Alan.
>

> On 28/06/16 12:11, Garry Brighton wrote:
>
>> @socialboostdk - mate, how long are you here? Read archive and see how
>> long things here are in "talking" progress...
>>
>> I am not frustrated because of vtiger guys, I am frustrated that
>> community here can not find alternative
>> but holds vtiger foot like there is nothing behind them... few of you are
>> really great programmers.. join together
>> and do little fork on github, no need any marketing/money, just honest
>> contribution and fair merging....

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!